PMWeb stands in a unique position in terms of its rapid adoption globally. This is the result of its development as a web-based solution from first principles and its incorporation of “lessons learned” from major programs of capital works since it was launched in 2007.
Prior to 2007, PMWeb was providing add-on solutions for existing third-party products. Those products that, while effective in their specific areas of operation, had been growing historically by developing “add-ons” or “bolt-ons” over many years. The net results were issues in configuration and inter-operation of the various components, complicated by an overlay of the rapid growth in web-based technologies.
PMWeb resolved to develop a 100% web-based solution built on technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services; together with a high level of “out of the box” interoperability with common delivery tools such as MS Excel, Word, Project and Oracle Primavera.
After ten years of further development and a global user community of tens of thousands, PMWeb now provides:
• Submit an Online Bid.
• A high level of “out of the box” functionality specifically developed to manage the entire lifecycle of capital works projects.
• Comprehensive roll-ups from project to program to portfolio level with powerful dashboard and reporting functionality.
• Powerful Visual Workflow and Gating tools that can be applied to any element in the project lifecycle.
• A state-of-the-art architecture that allows ready integration with virtually any existing system or software configuration – even bespoke legacy systems.
• Fully developed “out of the box” integrations with MS Excel, Word, Project and Oracle Primavera.
• A modular approach, allowing a client to acquire the specific functionality it requires on “day one” and then increase functionality over time.
• A high level of user customization capabilities, reducing the need for engaging third-parties to modify the operation of PMWeb as a client’s own processes and systems change over time.
The demands of modern project lifecycle management – including the need for ready access to real-time data and responsive reporting on that data – have increased the functionality required in this sort of software to the point that few – if any providers – can deliver the full range of what is required. PMWeb can and does.